Monday, April 5, 2010

Welcome to My Revised Blog

I haven't posted anything on here in a long time. I wasn't sure where I wanted to go with my blog. A majority of the posts used to be about film awards. I have since deleted almost all of those.

What this new version of Smug Doug will offer is some of my old, familiar stylings, but with some limitations and additions.

The blog's name has changed to Smug Doug's Things to Watch. Why? Because a majority of what I enjoy doing involves watching things: films, tv, theatre and, more importantly, the world around me.

So, while you're here, you find some film reviews, tv reviews, theatre reviews, etc...but you'll also find my view/slant on certain topics. Some will be Buffalo/WNY based, while others will be national in scope. In other words: I'll give my opinions about things that matter to the things I watch.

There WILL also be some awards show stuff and the return of the Artie Awards "Pick the Nominees" and "Pick the Winners" Contests. (I also run a website which is the Archive of the Artvoice Theatre Awards (Arties): http://artieawards.webs.com/index.htm
There you can find all past nominees and winners of the award.

I hope you check back on occassion to see what's here. I'll update a few times a week. Sometimes, I'll be prolific while other times I'll be sparse.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy your time here. Below you'll find some entries going back to as early as 2007, involving film, tv and theatre reviews...plus a few entries that are there for nothing but fun.

No comments: